The Austin area is home to many of us and we don’t mind sharing the love. There are a number of reasons why we love our city and it’s surrounding area; we haven’t been hit by the recession as hard as some other US cities have and we have a number of awesome educational opportunities are a couple of the reasons that didn’t make the list, “7 Reasons to Live in Austin Texas”. Come for a visit and see for yourself just how wonderful it is here in our home.
1. Austin is a Beautiful City – If you’ve been to Austin you know about the lush landscape and scenic countryside. With several large lakes in the area it is not only a beautiful area, but a fun one too! The water sports and recreation available in the area are too many to list. But here are a few; fishing, boating, canoeing, sailing, camping, bird watching, swimming, picnicking, scuba diving, and hiking.
In the heart of the city you’ll find hike and bike trails. Lady Bird Lake, also in the center of town, offers plenty of swimming opportunities and Zilker Park and Barton Springs Pool offer a natural environment for family fun and swimming in the year round cool spring fed pool. Besides these and other swimming and tubing places there’s an Animal Rescue Zoo and Schlitterbaun isn’t that far away.
2. Great Food – If great and interesting food is your thing, then Austin won’t disappoint with plenty of home grown eateries and most of the big chains making an appearance. Austin is know for it’s off beat restaurants, with vegan specialties, brewing companies, neighborhood bistros and bakeries you won’t go hungry and you’ll most likely find your favorites without too much looking around.
3. Sports – With the Texas Longhorns leading the way in their home town, sports are at the top of the list of great things to do in Austin. You won’t need to look far to find the game day parties, it’s reported that a 10 block radius around the stadium fills up with tailgaters for football, baseball and any other sport played inside the stadium.
4. Live Music and Festivals – For music and festival lovers Austin provides an all out venue! There is a festival almost every weekend and they all have live music by local talent and bands from all over the country. Just about every event in Austin includes live music! And what else would you expect from the Live Music Capitol of the World. Besides the concert circuit there are huge music productions like south by Southwest, Austin City Limits and the music isn’t limited to Austin proper, there are annual music festivals like the Kerrville Folk Festival.
5. Film – Austin is home to many famous and not so famous film studios. And Austin is home to various film industry festivals such as Fantastic Fest, Austin Film Festival and South By Southwest Film Festival.
6. Business and Career – Austin is a great place to start a business or continue a career. Austin and surrounding cities provide growth environments and economic development partnerships that aggressively encourage entrepreneurs and large corporation to move to the area.
7. Keep Austin Weird isn’t just a slogan on T Shirts. It describes a way of life for an entire city, and as you might expect from a city that enjoys it’s differences, you’ll find Austinites to be among the most friendly and open minded of people. Every weekend the downtown area along South Congress comes alive with street vendors selling handmade crafts and homemade treats and local bands on and around 6th street make for an exciting night life.
And, when you are ready to move home or office we would love to help! Get your free online quote right here!
Comments Off on 7 Reasons To Live In Austin Texas