It’s two weeks until moving day, here’s your moving checklist to help you be ready to go.
- First is to continue packing, you’ve packed all the stuff you don’t use very often, but now you need to start packing those items that you use more regularly. Keep in mind it won’t be very long until you’ll be unpacking at your new home. All decorative items and art and wall decor, books, toys, dishes, the entire garage can now be packed. Be sure to mark the boxes on each side and top with the room they go in once they arrive at your new home, and make a general list of contents on top. That way you can find things more easily as you begin to unpack.
- Next you’ll need to make arrangements, if you already haven’t, to be off work on the day you move. This is especially true if you are moving locally. You may even need two days off.
- Tune up, take your car to your mechanic and find out if anything needs to be done for the climate of your new home, if you are moving far.
- “Clean out your safe-deposit box. If you’ll be changing banks, remove the contents of your safe-deposit box and put them in the safe box that you’ll take with you on moving day.” It’s a good idea to keep your important things close to you and in a safe place, you may want to purchase a small fireproof safe to keep your things in until you get to your new home and find a new bank.
- “Reconfirm the arrangements.” Check with your moving company, make sure everything is a go for your move.
Just taking care of a few things at this point can save major stress when moving day comes.
Find more moving checklist ideas starting with two months before your move.
We would love to help with your move, get a free online moving quote.
Thanks to RealSimple.com for the ideas and inspiration.
Comments Off on Moving Checklist – What To Do Two Weeks Before Your Move