Summer is here and it’s time to enjoy the warm weather. But, before you get out there, here are a few safety precautions for warm weather, these are really great ideas that will help you stay safe and energized this summer.
Awesome recommendations from the Austin Parks and Recreation Department for enjoying the outdoors this summer.
- Pay attention to your body, if you feel dizzy or out of breath or nauseated or you experience pain; it’s time to stop.
- When walking or running outside go slowly at first and walk at a pace where you can talk easily. Be sure to start off gently and build up your stamina.
- End your walk or run with a cool down period. This will allow your heart to return to normal and ease muscle aches.
- Drink plenty of water. Take some with you if you walk in an area with no drinking water available.
- Be sure to wear good athletic shoes that are comfortable.
- Let someone know when and where you are going and take your cell phone.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses for protection.
- If you are walking after dark, be sure to wear white or light colors that reflect light so you can be seen easily.
- Stay on the marked trail.
- Beware of snakes and poisonous plants and wear insect repellant.
- If you are walking on hills and slopes take a walking stick, this will also help with safety from dogs or animals.
- Stay alert.
For More Information visit the Austin Parks and Recreation website.
Remember, when you are ready to move home or office we would love to help. Get a free online quote today!
Comments Off on Safety Precautions For Warm Weather